Here is part two of a two part article – 13 Easy Blog Post Ideas for Small Business.
If you missed our first article with tips 1-6 please visit it by clicking HERE:
Now onto part 2:
7. Case Studies – This shows specifically how customers have benefited by using your products and services. Use actual gathered data that is related to your target market. Visuals such as charts, graphs and like videos of your customers speaking will give readers something to look at other than words. Case studies give your readers insight about your product or service and how it will help them.
8. Funny Stories – Blogs don’t always have to be serious, if a recent funny situation happened share it! Your clients will feel closer to you and know you’re not “Always” about business relate it to your industry. This will in turn keep the reader focused on the topic. People always appreciate tasteful, smart comedy.Hot Industry Topics.
9. Top 10 Lists – Whether you believe it or not, your opinion truly matters and your clients want to hear it. It doesn’t have to be limited to 10 either, just do as many as you can think of.
10. Product Reviews – Write a blog post reviewing your product or service alongside others in the same industry. This will show transparency, and with transparency you will gain the trust of your clients. The keywords in your post be great for search engine optimization (SEO).
11. Poll Results – Doing polls and surveys throughout the year will keep you in the know of what you’re doing wrong and what you’re doing right. Mention the good things you find out in your polls and surveys. Use larger numbers to get more “wow” factor from the reader; free services like Survey Monkey can send out surveys via email. Social media sites allow you to create polls you can easily share with your networks.
12. Answer Common FAQs – Write a blog post answering common questions by customers. You can then place a link to the blog post to reply to folks via email and social media instead of having to constantly explain it.
13. Client Testimonials – Ask your most satisfied clients for a testimonial, quote the praises and state how you helped them; put it in the form of a blog post. You can optimize the article since you will be using keywords that are valuable to your business. Try to input pictures of your clients to evoke friendliness.
BONUS: Answer Common SAQs – What is an SAQ? They are should ask questions. Write a blog post answering questions your customers SHOULD know about your business. This could be product or service differences, brand differences, reasons they get extra support etc etc. You can then place a link to the blog post to reply to people via email and social media instead of having to constantly explain it.
So there it is, our top 13 tips and a bonus. This should be enough points to get you going with your blog posts.
Please get in touch with Kidis Creative if you need any help with your website, marketing, blog or more.