Here is part one of a two part article.13 Easy Blog Post Ideas for Small Business.
If you are in business and have a website, you should have a blog. A way to tell your customers about you. Whether that’s new industry information or the latest updates to your products and services. It is important to keep people informed, and it also helps you rank high in Google. So here are our top tips:
- Upcoming/Recent Events – Have you been to a trade show, Conference, Networking event or other industry related event? Write about the event and its highlights, give people shout-outs and add links, don’t be afraid to ask for it in return. Use appropriate hash tags from your event to engage others in friendly banter and conversation. Don’t forget to post pictures as well.
- Hot Industry Topics – Always keep up to date on the latest trends and topics via Twitter or Google Trends, search for topics that are relevant to your industry right now and write a post about it.
- Tips & Tricks – Inform your readers about something they probably don’t know about in the form of a tip or trick. Make it useful, practical and fun but make sure to get the point don’t beat around the bush.
- Video Posts – This is a fun way to get across to your audience. Do you own a Smartphone or video camera? Start a “how to” series on topics in your industry. Post the videos to a dedicated YouTube channel, add them to your written blog posts, and promote them via social media.
- How To’s – Thousands of people begin their web search with “How to” these people probably just want to save time and money by doing the tasks themselves. This is your chance to help your readers out and hopefully convince them that your continued expertise is worth paying for so do short “How to” videos and blogs.
- Helpful Tools – When you find an app or tool that makes your business run smoother don’t be afraid to share it in a blog post. Let the company know you’ll be promoting their product so they can share your feed via social media.
Stay tuned for part 2 of this article coming out next week.
Please get in touch with Kidis Creative if you need any help with your website, marketing, blog or more.